Recruitment Advisor – Apprenticeship
Location: Rochester, Kent
Salary Circa: 20K
Full time role: Permanent
Monday – Friday, 08:30-16:30 with 1 hour unpaid lunch break
Closing date: 31st January 2018
Are you in Recruitment, looking for a career change?
IPS International Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual with good communication skills to join our Business Development team as a specialist in client Apprentice Recruitment. You will be required to work with a variety of employers, managing a full recruitment service for organisations who are recruiting apprentices in a wide range of industry sectors. The role will suit an individual with recruitment knowledge/ experience who is keen to use these skills within an administrative role. Taking responsibility to ensure the recruitment arm of IPS runs smoothly.
The successful candidate will be based at IPS International, Northbank House, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4DU and is required to liaise with a variety of employers from across the South East & London, managing a full recruitment service for organisations who are recruiting apprentices in a wide range of industry sectors. These sectors include:
- Business Administration, IT, Customer Service, Sales, Recruitment, Engineering, Manufacturing, Motor Vehicle and Health & Social Care.
- You will also support the Business Development team at career events regarding apprenticeships. To support employers with employment vacancies for apprenticeships and offer funding advice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with employers and the Employer Engagement team, creating Apprenticeship Job Adverts and Person Specifications that are engaging and appeal to the employer’s target audience
- Sifting Applicants and carrying out the necessary processes for suitable or unsuitable candidates.
- Managing the whole recruitment and selection process through the gov.uk Recruit an Apprentice portal.
- Offering further information and guidance to candidates, with regards to CV writing and interview techniques
- Employer Liaison via email, telephone and face to face
- Telephone interviewing of candidates
- Scheduling assessment days
- Attending Marketing Events and Job Fairs
- Managing and monitoring the online levy account portal, working directly with levy paying employers
- Assisting with the administrative duties of grant incentives, such as the government employer incentive and Medway Grant
- Working closely with the Employer Engagement department, to make sure that employer demands are met.
- Engaging with new and existing customers, who are both internal and external to IPS
- Inspecting and processing apprenticeship paperwork
- Attending Team Meetings and Company Conferences
- Advertise Vacancies on a variety of portals, such as Jobs in Kent and Apprentice Kent
- General Administration duties (filing, faxing, shredding, sending emails, letters, etc.)
Inspecting and processing funding documentation
- Keeping all paperwork up to date
- Requirement and prospects
- Previous administration experience
- Experience in Recruitment
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good written and verbal command of the English Language
- Confident telephone manner
- Good communication and customer service skills