Advanced Learner Loans
Advanced Learner Loans are for people aged 19 and over who want to complete a programme at level 3-6 and are not eligible for the level 3 entitlement fee waiver.
Advanced Learner Loans can help you pay for the costs of a course at a college or training provider in England. The minimum loan you can get is £300 and goes directly to your college or training provider. The maximum loan available is dependent on the qualification being studied. All course fees are inclusive of VAT.
Eligibility for this loan is not dependent on your household income and there are no credit checks you need to undertake.
Nationality and Residency Status. To be eligible you need to be:
• Aged 19 or over on the first day of your programme
• Living in the UK on the first day of your programme, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this
• Studying an eligible programme at an approved College or training organisation in England. IPS is an approved provider
• Enrolling on an eligible programme at level 3 and above
• A UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there’s no restrictions on how long you can stay).
You may also qualify if you are:
• an EU national or a family member of one
• a refugee
• a migrant worker
• have humanitarian protection (as a result of a failed application for asylum)
Repayment is based on what you earn and not what you have borrowed.
Repayment of the loan begins only once you have completed your course and when you are earning more than £25,725.
The Loan covers tuition for your course only. Please see the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund to help pay for living costs for the duration of your course. What can be claimed will be dependent on the type of course you are looking to take.
How to Apply
Further information on the application process is available from Student Finance England.
Once you are offered a place on an eligible programme with IPS you will be sent an offer letter and a learning and funding information letter which has all the information you will need to make a loan application.
You cannot apply for a loan before you have received the Learning and Funding information letter from IPS. Once you have received your letter you can download an application or complete it online . Your loan application is submitted directly to Student Finance England – not IPS.
You will need to track your loan application to ensure that the application process is fully completed. Once your loan has been approved, you will still need to sign and return the Declaration Form directly to Student Finance England to enable them to pay your course fees to IPS.
For further information and to apply online for an Advanced Learner Loan please go to Advanced Learner Loan – GOV.UK
Get in touch..