Location: IPS International: Rochester, Kent
Salary Circa: £30,000 – £32,000 p/a
Role: Full-Time / Permanent
IPS International Limited is a leading provider of training and consultancy operating across the UK. We deliver a wide range of training programmes at our centres in Rochester and Dover and on our clients’ premises.
IPS are also a specialist Apprenticeship training provider and IPS Apprenticeships is the strand of our company that focuses on Apprenticeship training and recruitment.
We are seeking a Section Manager to join our Engineering Training Department. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in engineering across multiple disciplines, a good understanding of Engineering Apprenticeships and qualifications and will lead a team of experienced engineering trainers across electrical and mechanical disciplines to comply with Awarding Organisations, OFSTED and the ESFA. The Engineering Section Manager will ensure a high quality of training is being delivered across many organisations in the South East and London areas.
Responsibilities will include:
Lead/Internal Quality Assurer
- Management of the IQA processes
- Management of EAL awarding organisation
- Management of NVQ’s portfolios
- Working alongside senior management to develop digital training and assessing
- To be part of the observation team ensuring the quality of teaching and learning is of a high standard across the engineering department.
Workplace Training Delivery & Management
- Management of a small team of experienced engineering trainers to ensure learners complete within their time frames
- Conducting personal development reviews
- Liaising with Business Development department on new business ideas
- Dealing with customer queries
- Developing strong relationships with customers
- Assisting with employers and trainers on action plans for learners that are not on target
- Leading on the End Point Assessment team ensuring all learners are prepared and funding rules are met
- Training and Assessing of apprentices and commercial learners in NVQ level 2 and 3 in engineering maintenance
Other IPS Responsibilities
- Management of IPS corporate policies and processes as directed
- Lead on quality improvement projects across the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Level 4 IQA Qualified
- Experienced Engineering background, ideally across multiple disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical)
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoys working as a team member
- Able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge, skills and experience of working with Microsoft Office Software
- Able to travel to employer premises as required
- Experience delivering Engineering NVQ’s in the maintenance sector
- Knowledge of Apprenticeship training and delivery
- Experience of project management
- Knowledge of E-Portfolios
Benefits of working for IPS include being part of a close-knit team, flexible working, profit share, pension, life insurance, wellbeing and healthcare schemes and a focus on training and development.
*Please let us know if there is anything, we can do to further support you at an interview*
To apply, please express your interest to: