England will move to the final stage of easing COVID restrictions on Monday 19 July 2021, ministers have confirmed. IPS existing rules will remain in place.
The government has released some guidance which can be found online on the following link (COVID-19) Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The government is no longer enforcing certain rules but expecting businesses to be cautious which includes a phased return to work (this applies to those that are working from home if you can), face masks to be worn in crowded areas such as public transport and minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contact of those outside of your household.
IPS’s view on the situation is to continue with the existing rules that are in place at our current sites across Kent:
- Social distance where a safe distance of 2 metres is applied or 1 metre + with additional measures in place
- To not exceed the maximum room capacities
- Follow good hygiene practice
- Wear face coverings when you are not in a designated safe place or moving about
- Continue taking lateral flow tests to aid in reducing the spread of the virus
- To not come into IPS if you are feeling unwell
This decision has been made to take the cautious approach while cases remain high to best protect everyone.
IPS management will continue to seek advice from government officials etc etc where changes will be announced and taking into consideration all the advice that is available from the Public Health England (PHE) and Department for Education (DfE).