19th March 2020 UPDATE:
The legislation closing schools from Monday 23rd March will apply to Apprentice training in our training centres. Our Northbank House and Dover training centres will not be open to Apprentice BTEC or block training and classroom activities. We will be moving to a remote working way of doing things that meets the Government Coronavirus objectives of social distance and remote working where at all possible.
Any Apprentices due to attend Northbank House from Monday 23rd March should not do so. All Apprentice employers have been or are being contacted and informed about this. Apprentices, you should also contact your employer and ask about attending your workplace.
The IPS management team are working to expand our remote working to apply to all Apprentices. Fortunately we have good experience of remote working in some of our teams and will be expanding this to all of our training delivery. IPS trainers and tutors will be contacting individual Apprentices about how to do remote learning, so that the progression and eventual achievement of the Apprenticeship is not adversely affected. Some Apprenticeships will be affected as we adapt to remote learning and monitoring visits, but our aim is that all Apprentices will achieve in due course.
Any Apprentice or employer with questions about this please contact IPS through your normal channels.
March 16th 2020
In these uncertain times, we want to let you know what we are doing to deal with the situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it continues to evolve. We are doing everything we can to ensure we provide training in a safe environment.
- We are following published Government advice regarding how education and business establishments deal with Coronavirus
- We are cleaning our facilities frequently with recommended sanitizing products and encouraging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing
- We are asking all employees, Apprentices and visitors to immediately wash their hands on arrival at our training centre to reduce the likely hood of onward contact transmission
- Wall mounted sanitiser dispensers are available in toilets and eating areas and there use is being encouraged
- We have Coronavirus awareness and guidance signs distributed around our training centre
- In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers or if they suspect Coronavirus to call 111 and follow Public Health England and NHS advice
- Most staff have remote working capability and are able to work from home. Staff that do not have remote working capability can be provided with this if individually agreed and work requirements would allow this
- Where trainees and Apprentices require remote assessment or progress visits this can be done either by telephone or Skype or the IPS Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Where employers that we work with have their own Coronavirus procedures we will respect and follow them in so far as it affects us
- We will be waiving cancellation fees for any course reservations that need to be cancelled as a result of a course candidate having a Coronavirus diagnosis and/or a self-isolation related travel ban
- If one of our instructors is ill and is either self isolating or has a Coronavirus diagnosis we will run the course with another Instructor or we will rearrange it for an agreed set of dates without further charge
- If you have an existing booking, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure training facilities
- We will issue further guidance as the situation develops and government advice evolves. Here is a link to the Government’s guidance for educational settings and advice for learners and staff:
To keep up to date, find out the risk level of the UK and what to do if you have symptoms, visit the GOV website.