IPS’ Business Development Manager Sharon Sewell, for the third consecutive year, was privileged to be welcomed back onto the London and South East Regional Awards judging panel for the 2019 National Apprenticeship Awards.
Now in their 16th year, the National Apprenticeship Awards recognise excellence and showcase the diverse range of sectors engaged with Apprenticeships and the success stories of those who have embraced Apprenticeships.
Apprenticeships are continuously helping individuals thrive and follow their dreams and these awards allow us to celebrate them, the employers who support and champion Apprenticeships across the country.
The South East regional ceremony took place yesterday (12th September) recognising 18 apprentice employers and individuals at the Mandolay Hotel, Guildford.
Apprentice employer winners include:
- The BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT Award for SME Employer of the Year 2019 winner is Invotra Limited; Darke & Taylor Ltd is highly commended
- The British Army Award for Large Employer of the Year 2019 winner is DAF Trucks Limited; PBA now part of Stantec is highly commended
- The QA Award for Macro Employer of the Year 2019 winner is Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited; Royal Navy is highly commended
- The PeoplePlus Award for Recruitment Excellence 2019 winner is Royal Navy; Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited is highly commended
Individual category winners include:
- The NOCN Group Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year 2019 winner is Ben Cornmell from Waltham Black Ltd and highly commended is Josephine Allen from Oxford Learning Institute, University of Oxford
- The Royal Navy Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year 2019 winner is Mariola Balczerowska from Arla Foods and highly commended is Kieran Barnes from Wood and Wisdom
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies Award for Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year 2019 winner is Mairna Marzoug from Brighton & Hove City Council and highly Commended is Hayden Taylor from Unloc Learning Limited
- The Lloyds Banking Group Award for Rising Star of the Year 2019 winner is Rebecca Godfrey from Abbott Diabetes Care Ltd and highly commended is Krishnan Patel, Hanson UK
- The Royal Air Force Award for Apprenticeship Champion of the Year 2019 winner is Dominique Unsworth from Resource Productions and highly commended is Jason Goodchild; Her Majesty’s Armed Forces
We wish all the regional winner’s good luck in the National Awards.
The National Awards will take place on Wednesday 27th November 2019 in London. Keep look out on our website for updates.