Not sure of your next steps after school? Or are you unsure of what career path you want to take?
A Traineeship could be the answer for you, a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 weeks up to 12 months, with most lasting less than 6 months. Traineeships help with an education, health and care (EHC) plan. Traineeships support you to gain appropriate skills and qualities to allow you to progress into further employment or education such as an Apprenticeship. The programme can be changed and adapted during the Traineeship so that you get the best out of the programme. Traineeships give you as the learner the opportunity to gain work experience, functional skills and the option to try a specific sector and see if that is the career path for you.
• Gaining a work placement which gives valuable work experience
• Work ready skills training to support job opportunities
• Support with functional skills
• Developing skills which can lead onto a career pathway
• Interview opportunity, being first on hand for any Apprenticeship vacancy opportunities
• Completion of a Traineeship helps trainees to decide which career sector they would like to follow
• IPS will support you from the initial selection process through to completion and beyond the Traineeship, working with partners to ensure support is available to strengthen employment opportunities
• IPS will also support you by matching you with the most appropriate employer for work experience, based on your skills, interests and aspiration
Looking to apply for a Traineeship?
The 19 – 24 traineeship funding is targeted at those who are:
- Not in employment, education or training and have very little work experience.
- Qualified up to and including a full Level 3 qualification
- Would be work ready within 6 months of completing the Traineeship