IPS were honoured to be invited on to the judging panel for the National Apprenticeship Awards in 2017, and now the Awards are open for entries for 2018 with new categories!
The National Apprenticeship Awards are now in their fifteenth year and were designed to showcase the range of sectors engaged with apprenticeships and celebrate the success of outstanding apprentices and top employers.
Do you want to promote the good work your company does with Apprentice’s or are you an apprentice who deserves recognition for your achievements?
Apprentice employers and apprentices from all sectors and industries are invited to enter the awards. Entrants could be crowned a Regional winner from one of the nine Award ceremonies across the country moving onto the National judging selection where they will select the overall National Apprenticeship Award winners.
The National Award ceremony will be held on the 28th November 2018.
The awards are the largest and most prestigious celebration of apprentices and apprentice employers across the country and categories include the following.
- The Recruitment Excellence Award which will recognise employers who have attracted a diverse and high-quality apprenticeship workforce through innovative approaches to recruitment.
- The Rising Star Award which will showcase apprentices who have made impressive progress in their career to date and showed potential through their apprenticeship. This award is nominated by their employers, at national stage the public will then vote for the overall winner.
- Recognition Award: awarded to an individual who has made a special contribution to the promotion and delivery of apprenticeships, selected by the National Apprenticeship Service.
Apprentice employers and apprentices are invited to enter the award categories:
Employer of the Year categories:
- SME of the Year: 1 – 249 employees
- Large Employer of the Year: 250 – 4,999 employees
- Macro Employer of the Year: 5,000+ employees
- The Recruitment Excellence Award: new for 2018, the winner will be selected from the Employer of the Year entries.
Apprentice of the Year categories:
- Intermediate Level (level 2)
- Advanced Level (level 3)
- Higher or Degree Level (level 4 or higher)
Special recognition categories:
- Rising Star Award
- Recognition Award
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year
The deadline for entries was the 25 May 2018.
Don’t miss out, You Must be In It to Win It!
The National Apprenticeship Awards 2018 recently closed for entries. Almost 1100 applications were received which was an increase of 34% to last year’s awards.
Regional judging will start shortly, and the regional finalist’s announcement will be on the 8th August.