IPS Apprenticeship Training Agency –
We can employ the Apprentice on your behalf
Like the idea of employing an apprentice but put off by the hassle of the paperwork?
This is where IPS Apprenticeships can step in and The IPS Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) can take on that responsibility allowing you to get on with your business and benefit from employing an apprentice at the same time.
What is an ATA?
ATA stands for ‘Apprenticeship Training Agency’ and employs Apprentices on behalf of employers, paying their salary and looking after their employment contract terms and conditions.
IPS Apprenticeships is an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) on the ESFA Approved ATA Register.
ATA UPDATE FOR 2018/2019
The key benefit of using an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) is that your company does not have to take on the responsibility of employing the apprentice directly.
Are you a levy-paying company? You now can transfer up to 25% of your annual Apprenticeship levy funds to pay for Apprenticeship Training in your supply chains. This will further increase flexibility, by using the ATA to help to employ extra apprentices.
See Diagram below.
- Do you support a charity or a voluntary organisation that could employ a new Apprentice?
- Do you have a company in your supply chain that could employ an Apprentice?
Corporate Social Responsibility and Apprentices
- If you are a levy payer, you can use your levy transfer to support your local charity to employ an Apprentice. The charity gains an additional support worker and the Apprentice gets the opportunity to move into full-time employment.
What can an ATA Offer?
IPS Apprenticeships can take the hassle away and assume employer responsibilities for the duration of the apprentice’s training so you can just benefit from your apprentice. You will be the ‘host’ employer providing work experience and on the job training for the apprentice.
ATA Benefit companies that:
- Would like an Apprentice in their business but do not have the infrastructure to directly employ an Apprentice?
- Need the help and support to recruit an Apprentice.
- That are a larger employer experiencing a recruitment freeze or have a head count restriction?
We will manage the full recruitment, employment, payroll and support service for the duration of the Apprentice’s training.
- Advertise and manage the vacancy via the National Apprenticeship Vacancy Website.
- Work with you to produce a job description and person specification that will ensure they meet the specified criteria.
- Carry out candidate vetting to include verification of UK right to work, legal identity, proof of residence and qualifications.
- Ensure that the most suitable ‘Apprenticeship Framework/Standard’ is identified in partnership with you.
- Payment of Apprentice’s wage (including holiday pay.)
- Looking after Apprentice’s Employment contract terms and conditions.
- Making and managing PAYE and NI contributions and Auto enrolment pension (where applicable)
- We take on all HR Matters; attendance, holidays, safeguarding, dealing with grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Performance management to include 3 monthly monitoring reviews.
- Impartial problem solving.
- Providing pastoral and practical support to both the Apprentice and yourself, as the Host Employer.
- Work with you to ensure that the most appropriate training provider is selected to deliver the programme and liaise with that provider to ensure quality and relevance of provision to business needs.
As the host and sponsor employer you are in control and on completion of the apprenticeship will have the option of employing the apprentice.
Check out our ‘Why apprentices could benefit your business’ article for more information on our unique recruitment approach.
What would you need to provide?
As the Host Employer, you will be required to provide:
- A full and thorough induction to the role and organisation.
- A Work Place Supervisor/Mentor to work with the Apprentice and the training provider.
- A safe working environment.
- A range of work activities and learning experiences that will allow the Apprentice to progress their qualification.
- On the job training and supervision.
- Time for the Apprentice to spend with their Trainer/Assessor in the workplace and for offsite/off job training/activities in line with the Apprenticeship programme.
What is the ATA costs?
IPS Apprenticeships will invoice Host Employers for the Apprentice’s salary, statutory deductions (where applicable) and a management administration fee on a 6-monthly cycle. Payment will be required in advance to ensure the funds to pay the Apprentices are protected.
The management administration costs start at £850 per Apprentice on a 6-monthly cycle for each apprentice, rising by £25 per year across the duration of the Apprenticeship. Where the training is provided by IPS International the training requirements are discussed and invoiced separately for any employer contributions.
Where an alternative Training Provider is agreed IPS Apprenticeships will work with the employer and Training Provider to arrange the required training and any costs incurred will be charged to the employer.
Please see the Diagram below which explains the ATA Process.
Are you interested in the ATA?
Get in touch..