IPS’s Apprenticeships in Business Skills can provide your learner with the necessary skills to work effectively in a variety of office-based roles. Our learners are able to boost their skills in key areas such as IT, customer service and team-leading that are integral in helping companies to achieve sales and meet targets on a day-to-day basis.
We can help provide training and qualifications in the following areas:
Level 3 – Standard – Business Administrator
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors, to support their own progression towards possible future management responsibilities.
Employers involved in creating the standard:
• Grant Thornton UK LLP • BT • Npower • Federation of Small Businesses • Peter Jones Foundation • MBDA Missiles • Surrey County Council • Peugeot • Sodexo • oneSource • London Borough of Islington • London Borough of Enfield • Total Security Services • Skills CFA • PRCA • ESOS Ltd • Ceridian UK & Ireland • Northgate Arinso • JJBA Ltd • Bradley & Co Ltd • Prohire Software Systems Ltd • Business Resource & Innovation Network International Ltd • Moorhouse Accounting & Consultancy Services Ltd • Vicki King Bookkeeping Services • Fresh Financials • Iwona Accountancy Services Ltd • Boots UK • Osborne Property Services • Carillion PLC, Bpi Recycled Products • Great Guns Marketing • Berkley Group PL • British Council • Capita Group • Accelerator Solutions Ltd • Northern PowerGrid • Manheim • Royal Bank of Scotland • Institute of Customer Service • Serco • Homebase • Scottish Water • Enfield Council • Royal Navy/Babcock • Thames Valley Police • Army Personnel Services Group
Intermediate Business Administration apprenticeships with IPS can give learners the training required to pursue Administrator, Office Junior, Receptionist or Junior Legal Secretary positions. IPS will train your learners to meet the day-to-day requirements of these positions and ensure business practices are run smoothly and to a high standard.
Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship
The Level 4 Apprenticeship in Business Administration is for individuals who work in positions such as, but not limited to, Office Manager, Product Manager, Business Development Manager, Programme Manager, Stakeholder Relationship Manager and Executive Assistant. Considering that this is a Level 4, it is suggested that you will have achieved a Level 3 in Business Administration or similar, however, experience within the role over some time will also act as sufficient entry at this level.
Level 3 – Standard – Assistant Accountant
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately within a practice or within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry, to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition, the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in financial regulatory requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
This qualification is suited to the following roles:
• Assistant Accountant • Trainee Accounting Technician • Accounts Clerk
• Cashier Finance Assistant • Purchase Ledger Clerk • Sales Ledger Clerk
Level 2 Standard – Customer Service Practitioner
Customer Service apprenticeships provide the learner with the knowledge and training to provide excellent customer service with the ability to go forward in a range of industries and job roles. Many apprentices will work in retail, financial services, call centres or hospitality companies. This Level 2 Standard course will prepare your Customer Service learner for advisor, operator, operative or agent level.
Employers involved in the development of this standard include:
• Boots UK • Institute of Customer Service • Accelerator Solutions Ltd • Berkeley Homes Ltd • British Polythene Ltd • British Council • British Gas Services Ltd • BT plc • EON UK Ltd • Northern Powergrid • Osborne Property Services Ltd • Superdrug Stores.
Level 3 Standard – Customer Service Specialist
Awaiting arrival – please email email@example.com for more information.
Sales and Telesales
Sales and Telesales apprentices play an integral role in helping companies to achieve sales, helping customers to buy the products or services that they require. IPS’s apprenticeships in this field equip learners with the skills and knowledge to progress in this field, covering all aspects of the sales process as well as customer relations. This intermediate apprentice will train learners to pursue Trainee Sales Advisor, Telesales Operator or Junior Sales Executive positions.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Pro
IPS’s IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Pro apprenticeships support IT companies to gain the skilled staff they need to ensure IT operations within their workplace to run effectively. Depending on what specialism you wish to train your apprentice in, an intermediate level qualification will train your individual to set up new equipment or update systems, and train them to work with customers to identify, troubleshoot and address IT faults.
Depending on what specialism you require, an advanced level apprenticeship may have your learner working as a software developer creating applications and websites, or a software tester testing applications before they are released.
IT Users apprenticeship with IPS provides learners with the competence, skills and knowledge to work effectively and efficiently with IT systems, communications and productivity tools and software applications. The level 2 apprenticeship is suitable for learners looking to work in Data Administrator, entering and editing data using software such as Customer Relationship Management. Learners may also work with accounts, working with payroll and stock control systems. It provides clear progress from those with little experience of ICT who may be directed in its use to those who can diagnose issues and use ICT to solve them.
The level 3 apprenticeship may have learners working as Website Managers, planning and contributing to designing websites, creating multimedia content for websites and working with IT professionals to build new sites. The qualification provides learning across a wide range of subjects that include a variety of software applications, setup and optimising computer systems and general use of ICT through 3 specific units in software, communication and user fundamentals that also map to Functional Skills ICT.
Team Leader/Supervisor and Operations Departmental Manager
Level 3 Standard – Team Leader Supervisor
IPS offers apprenticeships in management to help those in or entering management roles ensure their places of work are ran effectively and maximise the potential of the business. The level 3 apprenticeship standard offers training in monitoring work, giving feedback, briefing teams, supporting staff, resolving problems and ensuring effective customer service.
Level 5 Standard – Operations Departmental Manager
This apprenticeship has been designed to provide access to development opportunities for as wide a range of individuals as possible. This includes individuals who are looking to take the next step in their career in leadership and management and are on the path to a role within professional management.
Employers involved in the development of these standards include:
• CMI, Acivico • Agillisys • Anglo Educational • Balfour Beatty •Barchester Healthcare • Barclays Bank • Books UK Ltd • BBC • Civil Service • Codegent • Co-op • Evolution Partnership • HMRC • Kinnerton Confectionery • NISA Retail Limited • One Stop •Opus Building Services • Sainsburys • Santander UK plc • Servo • umi Digital • Virgin Media •ILM • TUI • Markerstudy • Babcock •Gateshead Council • Lifetime
Contact our Business Development team to speak to one of our experienced consultants who can help discuss your training and recruitment needs.
IPS Apprenticeships will ensure your Apprenticeship position is effectively advertised, posting your vacancy on platforms such as the DirectGov Find an Apprenticeship website. We will shortlist and suggest suitable applicants to you, saving your company the headache of recruitment.
Once you have recruited your Apprentice, IPS will help the individual to achieve their qualification, building the skills necessary for your business.
Get in touch..