The Annual IPS Engineering Awards takes place this Thursday on the 18th July at the Bridgewood Manor Hotel, Chatham. We are excited to celebrate the success of the Engineering Apprentices. Are you?
What does the Award Ceremony entail?
The event is a celebration of all our Engineering Apprentice’s achievements; there are a variety of different awards available on the night presented to a selection of outstanding nominees for their exceptional work in their Apprenticeship studies.
The ceremony allows us, as the training provider, along with employers, friends and family to celebrate with the 1st and 2nd year Apprentices in their achievements.
IPS Director, Don Macdonald will be presenting and the event will feature speeches from the following:
– Employers explaining the benefits of Apprenticeships to their businesses
– Past Apprentices describing their experiences and how far they have progressed
– Current Apprentices talking about their Apprenticeship programme
– IPS Engineering Trainers
Before the Awards start, there will be a chance for networking; followed by the Awards Presentation. Local and national companies (working with IPS Apprenticeships) will have a selection of nominees for the various awards that will be on offer. There will be a selection of awards for specific categories, Personal Development, IPS Workshop Awards and the BTEC Certification/Awards for 1st and 2nd year Apprentices.
IPS would like to say a big thank you to those businesses who have sponsored awards.
The following awards attainable on the night:
- Electrical Craft Cup – (Hayley Group)
- Mechanical Craft Cup – (National Grid)
- Personal Development Week Award – (BAE Systems)
- BAE Systems Project Award – (BAE Systems)
- BAE Systems Apprentice of the Year – (BAE Systems)
- IPS International Apprentice of the Year – (Southeastern Railway)
- 1st Year – Top Student – (National Grid )
- 1st Year – Best Student – (Pfizer Ltd)
- 1st Year – Most improved – (Knauf UK)
- Level 2 – Top Student – (Cory Riverside Energy)
- Level 2 – Most improved – (Givaudan )
- 2nd Year– Top Student (Operations & Maintenance) – (Balfour Beatty Rail)
- 2nd Year – Top Student (Electrical & Electronics) – (SSE)
- 2nd Year – Top Student (Rail Engineering – Traction & Rolling Stock) – (CPI Books Ltd)
- 2nd Year – Top Student – (Hitachi Rail)
- 2nd Year – Best Student – (Southeastern Railway)
- 2nd Year – Best Project – (Mid Kent Electrical)
- 2nd Year – Overall Most Improved – (DS Smith)
- The Ben Sibbald Award – (National Grid)
We want to wish everyone luck and to have a pleasant night! We look forward to seeing you all there!
Are you interested in becoming an Engineering Apprentice? Click here to find out more information on our “Become an Apprentice page.”