Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances, the IPS Engineering Awards for 2020 have had to be cancelled. However, we still wanted to celebrate the fantastic achievement of the Engineering Apprentices, so IPS Engineering BTEC Digital Awards have taken place.
The awards are designed to celebrate the success of the Apprentices over the past two years. Year 1 and Year 2 Apprentices were nominated for awards for their outstanding work this year in their workshop skills capability and towards their BTEC qualifications.
This year’s winners and their employers are the following:
- The Ben Sibbald Award – Amelia Cockran of Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Manufacture Engineering Top Student – Carly Ryan of Aeromet
- Rail Engineering Top Student – Chris Ray of Southeastern Railway
- Year 2 Best Student – Daniel Wellard of Southeastern Railway
- Most Improved Level 2 – Elise Walter of Serco
- Most Improved Year 2 – Finley Clark of Hitachi
- Electronic & Electrical Top Student – Harley Gorse of BAE Systems
- Most Improved year 1 – John Lewis of Mid Kent Electrical
- Best Engineering Project – Samuel Hatcher of Knauf
- Runner up Engineering Project – Kyle Playford of SGN Electrical
- Top Year 1 Student – Megan Brown of Southeastern Railway
- Top Year 2 Student – Simrat Talwar of Southeastern Railway
- Best Student Year 1 –Thomas Oakley of BAE Systems
- Level 2 Top Student – Tudor Vlad-Hodis of The Fresh Produce Centre
We want to give a huge congratulations to all the winners!
IPS has also had some other good engineering news this month…
We’re proud to announce we won the ‘Training Provider of the year’ at the virtual NTARAwards 2020. We’re proud of the amount of excellent work that has gone into the rail specific qualifications.